Friday 5 June 2015

"Excuse My Face, I Have No Makeup On"

Today I'm going to do quite a different post, I'm going to share my tips and tricks on how to be confident when you're not wearing any makeup. Now I just want to point out that yes, I am a beauty blogger and a makeup addict. But I don't wear makeup everyday and when I'm not wearing it I still feel confident in my own skin. I use makeup to enhance my natural features, not hide them. 

I started to rely on makeup to hide the fact that I didn't have a good nights sleep and the spots that I have. This year I have realised that even though a bit of concealer going to school doesn't hurt anyone it is unhealthy to believe that you have to cover your imperfections and flaws everyday. I'm not saying that you shouldn't wear makeup, I'm saying that you shouldn't
 need makeup to feel confident.   

*********

The first thing that I think is important is your skincare routine. Making sure your skin is in the best condition it can be will reduce the feeling of "I need to wear makeup to cover this". Making sure you look after your skin and sticking with a regular routine will help your skin look fabulous. Not wearing makeup everyday will make your skin very happy. 

You can also treat problem areas with certain skincare products. If you have oily skin you could use the 'La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat', If you think your skin looks dull and needs a boost try the 'Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm'.

The thought of not wearing makeup could be quite daunting. So slowly start stripping down your everyday makeup routine. For example start using a bb cream instead of a foundation, or skip the eyeshadow. By slowly decreasing what you put on your face it won't be as terrifying 
when you decide not to wear makeup. 

To add some colour to your face use a tinted lip balm, and if you curl your lashes and add a coat of Vaseline through them with a spoolie your lashes will stay curled and make it look like you're wearing mascara. By running some Vaseline through your brows as well it will groom them and keep them in place so there is no need for any eyebrow product.  

Making sure you drink plenty of water and eat healthily will not only help your skin but also help you feel confident and happy. Being confident in your own body and who you are will help you when you decide not to wear makeup. If you aren't self confident, just fake it until you make it!

There is nothing better than seeing someone with a huge smile on your face. Even if you feel like everyone is judging you for not wearing makeup (which I promise they are not) smiling shows them that you don't need to hide behind your veil of makeup to be confident.  

**********


If we can do it so can you! A big thank for all these lovely ladies
 who helped me to make this no makeup selfie collage.

True beauty shines from within. so stop believing that you need your mascara 
to feel confident and start believing in you. I promise it's not as scary as you think.
Ailbhe x

SHARE:

2 comments

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig