Friday 18 September 2015

The Essence Of Makeup

I've been wanting to do this post for a while, to go and pick up some cheap makeup and tell ye what I think about it. A few weeks ago I decided to pick up a few bits and I have been trying them since then. Essence is a brand that I have loved since I was younger and just starting to get into makeup but I haven't used anything from them in a while. 



Make Me Brow - Blondy Brows, €3.09
This is the first product that I was drawn to as it looks quite similar to Benefit's Gimme Brow. It comes in two shades, and I picked the lighter of the two. The brush is tiny, just like the Benefit one. I was pleasantly surprised with this product. It added some colour and definition to my brows and they didn't feel hard or sticky throughout the day. It is quite a warm toned gel, which is good for me but not so good for blondes. Overall I really like this brow gel, highly recommend it. 



Sheer and Shine Lipstick - 03 BFF, €2.49
The second product I picked up reminds me a lot of the Revlon Lip Butters. Each lipstick packaging corresponds with the lipstick colour which is great for storage. The lipstick has a slight vanilla sweet scent which is fairly pleasant. As the name would suggest it is a sheer shiny lipstick, which I love. It isn't overly glossy and sticky which is nice and the wear time is really good too. The colour I picked up is a rosey nude which is perfect for everyday wear. I am really tempted to go back and pick up some more, I really love this lipstick. 


The Gel Nail Polish - 34 Candy Love, €1.79
This was the last product I picked up and Im afraid to say that I don't love it as much as I love the other two products. The colour is gorgeous, a nude peachy pink with a tiny bit of shimmer. The packaging is great, the brush is nice and thick, it went on smoothly but the wear time isn't so good. I had this on my nails for a week and all of my nails had so many chips and there was barely any polish left. If you change your nail polish every few days this would be perfect for you, but if you're like me and paint your nails once a week I would give this a skip. The colour range is fab, the price is great but its the wear time lets it down. 


Did you like this style of post? Would you like to see another one on a different brand? Let me know in the comments.
Ailbhe x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hey Ailbhe it's Kaitlin (Roisin who plays fiddle from comhaltas sister). I have got to say I honestly found your blog post inspiring. Your advice on the essence products are helpful and I found your recommendation for the brow product surprising. I will definitely be reading more of your blog posts from now on. Thanks - Kaitlin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kaitlin! You made my day, Im glad that you'll be reading in the future, Ailbhe x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig