Friday 22 April 2016

My Dressing Table

I have always wanted to do this post and I am finally doing it. Today I am going to share with you what is on and in my dressing table. I call it a dressing table others may call it a vanity but basically it is where I store my makeup, skincare and haircare products. This is also where I sit and get ready whether that is doing my skincare, makeup or hair. 

Just a quick disclaimer before we start,  I know some people might think I have a lot of makeup/products and others might think I own such a small amount. But that's what I like to spend my own money on. I buy and own makeup because I love experimenting and trying new things, that goes for the skincare and haircare I own as well!



My table itself was made by my Dad years ago. Its a simple wooden table with three drawers down the side and a shallow drawer right underneath the table. Above my table is a framed mirror and on the table itself is a lamp from Ikea, a double sided mirror, also from Ikea and a faux flower in a milk bottle vase which is, you guessed it, from Ikea!


In the first drawer I have all of my skincare products that I use on a weekly basis. 
I keep my hair bobbles, hair clips and all those kind of things in the second drawer.
 The last drawer is where I keep my haircare products and body care.


 I store my brushes and tools in jars on the top of the table. My perfumes are on a little white decorative plate beside my stash of beauty books. I like to store my beauty books close to where I get ready so I can grab one to flick through to get some inspiration or recreate a look from one of the books. 
In the pull out drawer I store my makeup in clear trays that have really handy dividers in them. I have my makeup on the order of how I do it, face first then eyes and finally lips.  



If you have any questions about anything or you see something that you like me to feature in a blogpost be sure to let me know by either commenting down below, or on any of my social medias!
My Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat are all ailbhe_woods
Ailbhe x 





















SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Nice Post! I love the idea of showing your vanity. I found it so interesting.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Róisín! It's a post I have always wanted to do, but its constantly changing so I decided to finally bite the bullet and just do it. I'm gad you enjoyed.
      Ailbhe x

      Delete
  2. I love your dressing table I tried to convince my parents to let me have one but they think I need a desk more and I love how you organise everything and how you reuse jars as brush holders and I saw how that you have the garnier sleek restorer I was thinking of purchasing that how is it ???? love this post 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gal, I'm glad you enjoyed! I love that stuff it saves my hair, highly recommend. I just the matching shampoo and conditioner so I will let you know how I get on, Ailbhe x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig